Friday, June 8, 2012

Our summer fun list has kicked off this week and we have had so many great adventures already! One thing this week on our list was to have a Mommy and Son date!
 I found this idea on pinterest not too long ago and I immediately decided I wanted to try it out soon! The pin lead back to a blog that a mom had posted ideas for a mom and son date. The "date" is supposed to provide one on one time with your son doing something they particulary like to do! I LOVED this because Isaiah and I hardly have any time lately to just sit and talk without being interrupted by his little brothers. I plan on doing so many more dates and today we even talked about other possible fun ideas we would like to try one day soon.
Our date started out with us going to Goodwill. I let Isaiah choose any electronic that he would like to discover and take apart with me. He chose an old answering machine for 3.00! I gave him his money and the kid has never been more excited to buy something than he was today with that 90's answering machine!:)

Then he wanted to play "slug bug" on the way to our next stop...Yogurt Story! He won of course, like he always does. That boy has eagle eyes like his daddy! He told me to take these pics of these cars.lol




This one is not a slug bug but he said it was one awesome car.lol

And this truck he loved because it had a transformer on the back wind shield.

At Yogurt Story Isaiah filled his cup with mostly candy and sprinkles and just a dot of yogurt...then we headed outside to sit on the cute little tables outdoors. Isaiah was so excited that we got to sit outside because normally we have to sit indoors when his little brothers are with us. Just look at that face...he was so happy!


His penguin joined us for dessert!


Here Isaiah is telling me his story about a superhero named Thunderbolt!:) I love my sweet Isaiah. He can always make me laugh! He is such a jokester. His huge personality is such a blessing in my life!


After our snack we headed home to start exploring our fancy machine! Isaiah had high hopes that once we took our answering machine apart we'd be able to build a robot penguin with a remote. UMMM...well we didn't quite master that but we had a great time unscrewing all the screws and discovering how much it takes to make machines run!




Overall we had such a great mommy and son date! My little Isaiah is such a wonderful blessing! I thank God every day for letting me be his mommy! I am one lucky lady!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment