Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Homemade GAK

So as promised...here is our GAK experiment we made on Letter G week.  I got the recipe from this link  http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2010/08/gak.html. It was so surprisingly simple to make.

 The boys helped pour the glue into the water and I quickly added the borax solution into the mix with food coloring as well. I didn't get any pics of the solutions mixing together because it all happened so fast and I didn't want to make any mistakes.

                           
This was our final outcome....ooey gooey slimy stretchy GAK!


Talk about a boys best friend...anything that looks and feels like it came out of the nose is sure to be a winner in a boys mind, right?




This Gak gave the boys an amazing oppurtunity for sensory play. We talked about the different textures and smell. We also discovered that when rolled into a ball it bounces. They thought that was amazing and from then on it was a basketball tourney!


And there you have it folks...our amazing GAK experiment. lol:)





No comments:

Post a Comment