Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My baby is a KINDERGARTNER!!!:)

 
Well my baby is officially a kindergartner. Monday morning, to say the least, was completely heartbreaking. As I walked my sweet boy in to his new school, I felt my heart swell and it felt like it wanted to explode. I was so excited for the fun I knew he was going to have but also so NOT ready to let go.
On the other hand, he was SO SO SO excited and couldn't wait to get there. He kept asking when his teacher was going to teach him to read. lol....If it only took a day to teach, I bet teachers would love that.
I dropped him off at his table with his classmates, kissed and hugged him goodbye and bolted for the door before I busted out in tears. I made it all the way to the car and just sat there in the parking lot and cried like a baby. lol....these milestones sure do hurt a momma's heart.
The entire 7 hours he was there at school I thought about what he was doing and if he was still with his class, what kind of things he was learning, what friends he was meeting, his fears, his excitement....all kinds of things ran through my head. I have to admit I counted down the time and I arrived 30 minutes early to pick him up. :)
Like I knew he would...He had an amazing first day. He talked about all the fun they had up until bedtime. That definitely helped heel my heart a little more. I loved hearing about his day and I look forward to hearing about it every day when I pick him up. Here are a few pics from his first day as a kindergartner!!! I am so incredibly proud of my little guy! He is an amazing blessing!

Little brother wanted to hold the sign too. lol
 
On our way to school! He was so happy!


My big boy!!!



He survived!!!!:)

The cake I made for my big guy while he was at school. Happy Schoolyear Isaiah! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

The cake was inspired from this blog...littlefamilyfun.com. Its a really sweet blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment