Tuesday, May 3, 2011

*TOTSCHOOL* R is for Rainbows

      We decided to do our letter R week during the Spring so we could study rainbows. Everything in our house has been so cheerful and colorful. We love rainbow week. In addition to our rainbow festivities we also went to see Rio at the theaters. What a cute movie. I definitely recommend watching it if you haven't already.

Our Imagination Bin was a HUGE hit this week. All the boys had many great ideas on how to play with the items. I was asked to get this down many different times!
Here the boys said the frogs were jumping on their lily pads across the rainbow pond. They were so cute!

The rainbow fruit tray I served with the boys lunch! Kiwi, pineapple, grapes, oranges and apples.


On this day we did our letter R is for Rainbow activity sheet. Isaiah and Caden(a little friend staying with us for the week) traced their letter R's and also colored the rainbow.



    These were our fruit loop rainbows we made. The older boys (Isaiah and Caden) sorted out the different colors then placed them in a row on their rainbow pattern. With the younger boys, I just talked about all the different colors. Mainly, they just enjoyed eating them. :) 
 





We also did a little experiment a friend of mine told me about. We used milk, dish soap and food coloring to make a rainbow. It turned out pretty but not quite the way it should have. She told me next time I need to keep turning the pan to make a better arch to form the rainbow. So we shall try try again!!:)Either way the boys were amazed.





Isaiah and I made his letter R is for Rabbit alphabet animal.
Here the boys are water coloring the letter R to look like a rainbow.  
Isaiah making his rainbows with his sidewalk chalk!

Serious Artist!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment