I have been looking for activities for Isaiah to do when I am needing him to stay busy so I am able to get things done around the house. I stumbled across a blog recently that gave me this great idea to make him a kit called a Busy Box! I filled two boxes with lots of miscellaneous items that I knew would spark interest in my little Isaiah and keep him busy without needing a lot of help from me to complete these activities. It turned out to be a complete success and I plan on buying more fun crafts and small games/puzzles to fill his boxes with in which I will be able to rotate in and out with the other activities.
 |
| I bought the plastic boxes at the dollar store for 3.00 and printed a label for Isaiah! I keep these boxes out of reach and they are only allowed down for "special busy box time". :) |
 |
| Some things I added in the first box were: a veiw finder and lots of slides, a leapfrog trace and draw, colored shapes with the color cards for sorting, a wooden cake with a spatula, books, stik its-from the Target dollar isle(huge hit with Isaiah), small notebook with markers, and a new Star Wars coloring book with twistable crayons. |
|
|
 |
| In the second box he had: a foam block with golf tees and a hammer to practice coordination, a felt poster with markers, books, ABC cards, a magic painting book with paintbrushes, a puzzle, bendaroos (another good investment), an ISpy bean bag, index cards with stickers. |
*Thank you
playinghouse.blogspot.com for the great ideas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment