Saturday, March 5, 2011

*TotSchool* Letter L Week

We learned about the letter L in the Fall. We did many activities that had to do with leaves. The first day we read "We're Going On A Leaf Hunt" by Steve Metzger. We took our lunch to a local park that has many many trees and we went on our own leaf hunt collecting all sorts of leaves.  I knew that later in the week we would be using them to complete some of the projects I had planned. I cannot believe that I did not get any pics of the hunt because Isaiah looked so cute in his little backpack and he was so pumped about the leaf hunt. :( We also read "Many Luscious Lollipops" by Ruth Heller. Of course we ate many lollipops during reading time!!!
Some other activities we did were:
Played leapfrog
Limbo and London bridges
Practiced Lacing
Made fruit loop necklaces
Read The Grouchy Ladybug
Learned how to do the Laundry :) Mommy liked this one!
Traced and Cut lines
Practiced writing our L's
Played with legos
Made fresh Lemonade
And the list goes on and on... Here are some other things that we actually got pictures of....




L is for Lion alphabet animal

Isaiah raking leaves!

Isaac was not too crazy about the leaves!:)

We had my niece Milly over this day! Here they are having a ball in the leaves! What fun memories!

Leaf spray painting! What a mess...a fun mess...but WOW!:)
This is our leaf pile snacks we made. We used karo syrup, peanut butter and cornflakes. They were really good.            


This day we read a book about log cabins and then Isaiah made a log cabin using pretzel sticks and cereal for the roof!  

For the letter L we decided we would serve Lifesavers to our friend Lyndsey. (this was much after our letter L week but hey what can I say...we got busy during all the holidays) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment